Is James Franco gay enough?
Page Six – James Franco‘s sexuality continues to confuse. “I’m a little gay,” he told New York Magazine. Although the 38-year-old actor straddles the line between straight and gay, he claims he doesn’t sleep with men. “There’s a bit of overfocusing on my sexuality, both by the straight press and gay press, so the first question is why do they care?” he said. “Well, because I’m a celebrity, so I guess they care who I’m having sex with. But if your definition of gay and straight is who I sleep with, then you could say I’m a gay cock tease.” Franco added it’s where his “allegiance lies, where my sensibilities lie, how I define myself. Yeah, I’m a little gay, and there’s a gay James.” In January, he also released a book of poetry that covered sexuality, “Straight James / Gay James.”
I feel like this sort of thing is just going to upset gay people. Like the poetry thing was OK – he wasn’t exactly pissing in the tent. Bu this “I’m a little gay” sounds like it has cultural misappropriation written all over it. The LGBT community is getting all sorts of new rights these days, and it can’t have these fly-by-nighter little-bit-gays swinging in and taking the good stuff.
Even those poorly closeted Scientologists don’t come out and say they’re a little gay.
Sure, he’s been acting fruity and mincy when it suited him for a while, and his wardrobe is all gay obviously (but that’s Hollywood), plus he’s in the theatre. Most of Hollywood pulls that crap. But I think before the gays give him his gay card, they’ve got to check off the list to see whether he’s gay enough:
- Is his favourite music Top 40 pop music, except when he’s on pills?
- When he and his friends moved to their current residential area, did the local cuisine immediately improve?
- Does he watch America’s Next Top Model?
- Has he blown a guy?
- Does he whip his shirt off at outdoor concerts?
- Does he wear designer underwear?
- Does he own a pink sweater-vest?
- When Scientology initially approached him, did they say he’d need “extensive retraining”?
- Does he do yoga?
- Would a bar known as The Squat and Gobble be appealing or unappealing?
- Does he write poetry?
- Would he ever own a small dog?
- Has he blown a guy?
Don’t let him in easy, gays – you let the “I’m a little gay”‘s in and the floodgates will open.
P.S. Does this mean that weird tweeting of that 17 year old Scottish girl was just weirdness and not hetero pestering?