Racists at Mattel add Shane the Train to Thomas the Tank Engine slate
Daily Mail: Thomas the Tank Engine is adding a number of new friends to his rail yard, including an Australian train by the name of Shane.
The new green and gold train is set to feature in the famous little engine’s next animated movie Thomas & Friends: The Great Race.
Shane of Australia, whose nickname is ‘The Whispering Giant’, is based on a real steam engine that operated on the South Australian Railway from 1944.
Toy giant Mattel bought Hit Entertainment, which owns the franchise, in 2012 for $680million.
Don’t be fooled by Mattel’s carefully worded press release about the new character “Shane”.
We can exclusively reveal some of what the character will be up to in the series:
- He’s going to have a lit fag and a schooner in his hands at all times. He will be breathalysed at every train station.
- His decor will be “flannel”, and he’ll have a mullet.
- His signature train move will be doing donuts at the station.
- He will divert from his route frequently to have a few schooners at the TAB.
- He will have a loud, drunken girlfriend named “Shazza” who’s signature move is passing out on park benches and/or the Melbourne Cup.
- He will shout abuse at the darker trains.
- There will be no Sunday service, as he’ll be getting drunk/arrested at “the footy”.
This sort of racist stereotyping can’t be allowed by the people of Australia. Shame, Mattel, shame.
Below are the story boards from the Mattel development department: